Pages

February 4, 2011

Worst bogey ever

I remember one particular day of those rookie days... I'm in front of my computer, ready to take off. Hands on my joystick and keyboard, free-track is on, my feet already feel the rudder pedals...
Quick mission with a Bf-109 G6 against a few La-5. I shoot one down and the others seem to run away. I'm flying above the clouds now, looking right, looking left, looking back-left, looking back-right. Nothing in sight.
I double-check my six. Nothing back-right, nothing back-le...
Oh, shit!!! I see a bogey coming right at me, he's at my 7 o'clock. I choose the barrel-roll instinctively, but the bastard sticks to me like glue, as if invisibile wires tie us together. I sweat like a pig, my 109 is flying in desperate curves, but the enemy doesn't open fire yet. I don't understand, he's playing with me, yeah, you sick bastard, what are you waiting for?! Take the shot, you...!
My sweating face is near the monitor, eyes wide open... It is a FLY, a goddamn FLY! Unbelievable! It smiles at me and flies away...
I'm totally humiliated. I would've preferred it was a murderous bandit...

No comments:

Post a Comment