Pages

December 18, 2012

Wish for a new start...

I'm getting ready for a new start in virtual flying, at the beginning of the next year. For a couple of months I've been consumed with reading a lot about submarines and the Enigma machine. And playing another great sim - Silent Hunter III (great work done by the guys at Ubisoft Romania), and its expansion pack - The Grey Wolves.
And, man, Das Boot is a killer! The best movie I've watched in so many, many years... And I've watched it for more than 20 times, like a maniac.
The flying (virtual) world should know that the Kriegsmarine also had its aces and the submarine world is another fascinating realm, worth at least reading about. Thus I found that in WW2 the Germans sent 6 Type IIB U-boats to fight in the Black Sea, as the 30th U-boat Flotilla. After Romania switched sides, in August 23rd 1944, these U-boats have been scuttled by the German submariners.
Although it's been more than 2 months since my last post, and I must appologize to my readers, I promise to give it a new boost, starting in January or February 2013.
Much kudos to the guys that are posting WW2 photos on Facebook, at Romania in WWII-Photos. Great work, guys!
My friend Liviu recently brought me a book - The Blond Knight of Germany (a biography of Erich Hartmann), written by Raymond F. Toliver and Trevor J. Constable. A good book with lots of quotes and pictures of Erich Hartmann's. It would have been interesting to read a diary or something similar, written by Hartmann himself...
There is a hope that in January Liviu will have a new computer and we can finally form an element (celulă/Rotte) of our own. Maybe we will start training with IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 and will continue with IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.



No comments:

Post a Comment