Pages

April 26, 2011

Bitter revenge at Kuban

Yesterday, after drinking some wine, I score 5 kills (!) in the Kuban campaign (4 x Pe-2 and 1 x I-16). I tried to save my mission, but I forgot to add the .ntrk extension and my game crashed... I lost my mission save and my score record. Damn!
Today I get home from my job and I'm decided to have my revenge. I fly in my Bf-109 E-4 to the conflict zone and I find three of four LaGG-3. My boom@zoom technique doesn't go too well, but my prey tries to escape upwards and I manage to pull up in time, get on its tail and cut it out!


This is my first LaGG-3 for today. The second one is hit by me and by my wingman, but the kill is somehow recorded on my account. Nothing spectacular, the second enemy just falls to the ground like a rock.
At the beginning, I'm so proud of my achievements. But later I find the LaGG-3 wasn't such a good plane, even the Soviet pilots used its acronym - Lavochkin-Gorbunov-Gudkov - in a joke, to call it 'the varnished guaranteed coffin' (Lakirovanny Garantirovanny Grob). And its airframe was completely made of timber! I should have sticked to the Pe-2 and I-16...

1 comment:

  1. Noi inca te asteptam pe JG27. Vei avea parte din greu de boom and zoom!:)
    JG27_Tzon
    ~S~

    ReplyDelete